domingo, 14 de marzo de 2010

EXERCISES OF TENSES

Directions: Practice this exercise with a partner. Take turns asking and answering each question.
What do you do every day? Simple Present [VERB] + s/es in third person
I feed my fish every day.
What did you do yesterday? Simple Past [VERB+ed] or irregular verbs]

I fed my fish yesterday.
What will you do tomorrow? Simple Future [will + verb]
I will feed my fish tomorrow.
What are you doing right now? Present Continous [am/is/are + present participle]
I am feeding my fish right now.
What were you doing at this time yesterday? Simple Past [VERB+ed] or irregular verbs]

I was feeding my fish at this time yesterday.
What will you be doing at this time tomorrow? Future Continous [will be + present participle]
I will be feeding my fish at this time tomorrow.
What have you done since you got up this morning? Simple Past [VERB+ed] or irregular verbs]

I have fed my fish since I got up this morning?
What had you done before you went to bed last night? Perfect Past [had + past participle]
I had fed my fish before I went to bed last night.
What will you have done before you go to bed tonight? Future Perfect [will have + past participle]
I will have fed my fish before I go to bed tonight.
What are you doing? Present Continous Present Continuous [am/is/are + present participle]
I am feeding my fish.
How long have you been doing that? Present Perfect Continuous [has/have + been + present participle]
I have been feeding my fish for five minutes.
What were you doing before you started this quiz? Past Continous [was/were + present participle]
I was feeding my fish before I started this quiz.
How long had you been doing that? Perfect Past [had + past participle]
I had been feeding my fish for five minutes before I started this quiz.
What will you be doing before you take this quiz tomorrow? Future Continuous [will be + present participle]
I will be feeding my fish before I take this quiz tomorrow.
How long will you have been doing that? Future Perfect Continuous [will have been + present participle]
I will have been feeding my fish five minutes before I take this quiz tomorrow.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario